March 14, 2013
5.50 MCLE hours, including 1.25 Professional Responsibility MCLE credit hours (PMCLE credit subject to approval)
Presented by Human Rights
(map and directions)
Morning Session: 2.75 hours MCLE credit
Afternoon Session: 2.75 hours MCLE credit, including 1.25* hours PMCLE credit
Full Day: 5.5 hours MCLE credit, including 1.25* hours PMCLE credit
Review the latest information in employment discrimination cases under the Illinois Human Rights Act!
The Illinois Human Rights Act prohibits discrimination in a number of areas, including housing, public accommodations, and access to credit. Yet, most cases involve employment discrimination, making it imperative that labor and employment attorneys – as well as civil rights practitioners – keep abreast of this ever-changing arena. This seminar gives attorneys a better understanding of:
- Properly filing a charge to start a case with the Illinois Department of Human Rights;
- Important errors to avoid when filing a case or pursuing a charge;
- How plaintiffs can best conclude a pending case in a timely, economical, and ethical manner;
- How defendants can prevent a matter from getting to the Illinois Department of Human Rights;
- Moving a case forward or getting it dismissed; and
- Why some settlement options are better, more risky, or more inappropriate than others.
Michael J. Maslanka, Sacks, Goreczny, Maslanka & Costello, P.C., Chicago
Click here to register for the FULL DAY live webcast.
Click here to register for the MORNING SESSION live webcast.
Click here to register for the AFTERNOON SESSION live webcast.