(map and directions)
Morning Session - 8:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
3.50 hours MCLE credit, including 1.0* hour PMCLE credit
Afternoon Session - 12:45 - 4:45 p.m.
3.75 hours MCLE credit, including 1.0* hour PMCLE credit
Full Day Session - 8:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
7.25 hours MCLE credit, including 2.0* hours PMCLE credit
Don’t miss this opportunity to discuss the hottest topics currently under debate in the animal law arena – from the use of therapy dogs in the courts and methods for alternative dispute resolution, to animal shelter laws and some of the most high profile issues in animal advocacy, including puppy mills, farm animal welfare, and captive wildlife regulations. Attorneys with a strong interest in the growing area of animal advocacy and the practice of animal law – as well as practitioners who may find themselves with just one or two matters concerning a conflict involving animals – who attend this full-day seminar gain a better understanding of:
- How courts across the country have implemented the use of therapy dogs;
- Which efforts should be implemented in an effort to stop the damaging practices of some animal breeding establishments;
- How alternative dispute resolution can help resolve animal conflicts with greater emotional comfort and stability;
- How the Humane Society of the U.S. has helped protect laboratory chimps;
- How the Zanesville incident influenced the enactment of Ohio’s new Dangerous Wild Animal Act;
- Which laws and regulations apply to the various functions of local animal shelters, all-breed shelters, and breed rescues;
- The new developments in the farm animal arena, including egg production and swine gestation crates; and
- The unique ethical issues and concerns an attorney may face when representing an animal law case.
Jane E. McBride, Illinois Attorney General’s Office, Springfield
*Professional Responsibility MCLE credit subject to approval
Click here to register for the MORNING Live Webcast!
Click here to register for the AFTERNOON Live Webcast!
Click here to register for the FULL DAY Live Webcast!