The Standing Committee on Strategic Marketing was created in 2004 by unanimous action of the Assembly. Its purpose was to develop advertising campaigns and to promote ISBA lawyers and services to the public.
The mission statement approved by the Assembly directs the Strategic Marketing Program to coordinate a plan of advertising and marketing activities to promote ISBA members, professionally and in the eyes of the general public. Its focus establishes a priority of enhancing the image of ISBA members as the lawyers to contact for legal needs. The Committee was charged in its mission from the Assembly to develop a brand identity for ISBA and its members and to couple that with its lawyer referral programs.
The Assembly also charged the Committee with a duty to coordinate with other ISBA programs and committees to take advantage of opportunities to educate the public and to achieve the following goals:
1. Enhance the image of ISBA members.
2. Create brand name recognition for ISBA and its members.
3. Develop public use resources for finding ISBA member attorneys for legal advice and representation coordinated with the ISBA Lawyer Referral Program.
4. Educate the public and raise awareness of ISBA lawyer services.
5. Enhance the potential social and political influence that ISBA has on addressing social concerns, and legislative policy concerns in conjunction with its legislative activities.