TELESEMINAR: Compensation Issues in Nonprofits – A National Perspective
October 2, 2012
12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
1.00 MCLE hours
The success of nonprofit organizations – in fulfilling their missions, growth and fundraising – depends as much on talented executives and managers as does the success of for-profit companies. But the methods and practices of structuring compensation policies and packages, as well as the tax rules applicable to those agreements, are different from those of for-profit companies. The options available to non-profits and exempt organizations are narrower, the tax rules tighter and the regulatory oversight greater than in traditional business organizations. This program will provide you with a real-world guide to major issues in structuring compensation policies and practices in non-profit and exempt organizations and discuss negotiating and drafting effective contracts with and for nonprofit executives and managers.
- Compensation and benefit policies and contracts for non-profit organizations
- Structuring compensation agreements – current compensation, benefits, and deferred compensation
- Incentive compensation for non-profit executives and managers
- Application Intermediate sanction rule for excessive benefits
- Reporting compensation on Form 990
- Areas of growing scrutiny by the IRS
Michael Lehmann, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, New York