TELESEMINAR: 2012 Americans with Disabilities Act Update – A National Perspective
October 25, 2012
12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
1.00 MCLE hours
This annual update will provide you with a review of major case law, regulatory and legislative developments under Americans With Disabilities Act. The program will discuss coverage cases after the ADA Amendments Act, practical developments in the “interactive process” as employees request accommodation in the workplace, leave and modified work schedules as a form of reasonable accommodation, confidentiality and the request for medical records, and much more. The program will also cover telecommuting and other forms of working remotely with the aid of technology as a form of accommodation that employees are increasingly requesting and how employers can respond. The program will provide you with a real-world guide to advising your clients under the ADA in the year ahead.
- ADA case law, regulatory and legislative update
- Post-ADA Amendments Act case law
- Developments in the “interactive process” for requests for accommodation
- Leave and modified work schedules as a form of reasonable accommodation
- Reassignment issues
- Confidentiality and the request for medical records
- Telecommuting and other forms of working remotely through the aid of technology
- Developments under the Genetic Nondiscrimination Act
Christopher Kuczynski, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Washington, D.C.