TELESEMINAR: Planning and Drafting for Single Member LLCs: Part 2 – A National Perspective
January 15, 2013
12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
1.00 MCLE hours
Single Member LLCs are frequently used in business planning and transactions to provide pass-through treatment for tax purposes and limited liability for state law purposes. They are seen as a simple and quick technique to accomplish several tax and non-tax goals with an emphasis on simplicity. But as with all planning and transactional techniques, Single Member LLCs come with tradeoffs and the simplicity is overstated. This program will cover the intricacies of planning and drafting for single-member LLCs, including formation and election issues, charging order issues, recent employment tax changes, incentive compensation issues, use in mergers and acquisitions and in like-kind exchanges, and more. Part 1 of 2.
- Utilizing Single Member LLCs in real estate projects and deals, including like-kind exchanges
- Charging order issues
- Conversions to multi-members LLCs
- Using Single Member LLCs as shareholders in S Corps
- Transfer and state tax issues
- Series LLC structures utilizing Single Member LLCs
Leon Andrew Immerman, Alston & Bird, LLP, Georgia
Lee Lyman, Carlton Fields, Georgia