Mental Health Law: Some Basics and All That’s New (LIVE WEBCAST)
May 17, 2013
8:50 am - 12:45 pm; 1:15 - 3:45 pm
Presented by Mental Health Law
Can't attend the live program in Chicago? Then join us on the web! This seminar is being broadcast live via the Internet so attorneys can attend remotely. Register for the morning session or the afternoon session - or both!
As an attorney working in the mental health law arena, you need to stay up to date on the legislative and procedural changes taking place throughout Illinois. Don’t miss this opportunity to examine basic mental health issues and explore the new developments in this field. Mental health lawyers, disability law practitioners, family law attorneys, and those working in the health care industry attending this seminar will better understand:
- The clinical and legal definitions of “mental illness”;
- How the proposed changes to the MHDD Confidentiality Act work with the Health Information Exchange and HIPPA;
- How specific litigation has impacted mental health law in Illinois;
- The nuances of access to care and access to medication under a modified Medicaid plan and “Obama Care”;
- The ethical issues that can arise during a mental health law case, including the protection of mental health records; and
- Much more!
Terrie A. Rymer, Attorney at Law, Oak Park