TELESEMINAR: Real Estate Development Agreements, Part 1 – A National Perspective
May 21, 2013
12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
1.00 MCLE hours
Real estate development agreements are not really one agreement, but a series of complexly interrelated contacts – with a property owner for the acquisition or use of property; with municipal and other authorities to develop a specific, pre-approved type of commercial or residential development; and, most importantly, with contactors for the build-out of the property. Ultimately, execution of carefully laid development plans and realization of the financial benefits of the construction depend on carefully planned and drafted development agreements. This program will provide you with a real-world guide to planning the process of generating and reviewing the several underlying contracts that form a real estate development, with a focus on common mistakes and allocation of risk. Part 1 of 2.
- Drafting, review and negotiating real estate development agreements
- Planning the acquisition, development and sale process
- Property acquisition agreements for different kinds of real estate – office v. family/multi-family v. mixed use development agreements
- Municipal and land use considerations in the development process and agreements
- Finance and option letter issues related to development agreements
Richard R. Goldberg, Ballard Spahr, LLP, Pennsylvania