TELESEMINAR: Real Estate Management Agreements – A National Perspective
July 9, 2013
12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
1.00 MCLE hours
Real estate holdings – apartment and office buildings, shopping centers, hotels – can be complex enterprises, requiring daily professional management even when owned by experienced real estate entrepreneurs. Often the key to the financial success of the property is whether it is well managed over time. This highlights the importance of not only outsourcing management of the property but drafting effective real estate management agreements. This program will provide you with a practical guide to the types of real estate management agreements, varying fee arrangements, defining the scope of a manager’s duties, rent collection and operational controls, allocating risk and liability, and much more.
- Drafting real estate management agreements for office and apartment buildings, shopping centers, and hotels
- Defining scope of manager’s duties and responsibilities
- Understanding management fee alternatives
- Collection of rent and handling of funds
- Insurance, liability and indemnity issues for manager and property owner
- Operating decisions, controls, termination, and sale of property
John S. Hollyfield, Norton Rose Fulbright, LLP, Texas