TELESEMINAR: UCC Article 9 Update – A National Perspective
August 6, 2013
12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
1.00 MCLE hours
The 2010 Amendments to UCC Article 9 governing secured transactions, the most common form of commercial activity, took effect in early July 2013. The amendments work a fairly substantial change on existing secured transaction practice, changing filing procedures, increasing the protection of after-acquired liens, and covering changes to debtor names. These and other changes will have a direct and substantial impact on financing statements that are in progress and on due diligence on a going-forward basis. This program will provide you with a detailed review of changes to existing secured transaction practice under the 2010 Amendments, practical guidance on secured transactions in progress and during the transition period, and tips on due diligence going forward.
- Detailed review of UCC Article 9/Secured Transactions changes taking effect July 2013
- Ensuring financing statements are compliant with new Article 9
- After-acquired property liens after a mergers or change of location
- New filing procedures, issues related to debtor names, and trusts’ filing status
- How due diligence should change after recent changes to Article 9
- Practical guidance on how to handle transactions in the transition period
Steven O. Weise, Proskauer Rose, LLP, California