TELESEMINAR: 2013 Update on Advising Physician and Dental Practices, Part 1 – A National Perspective
September 24, 2013
12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
1.00 MCLE hours
Regulation of physician and dental practices is undergoing a sea change as the health care industry adapts to the new health care reform law. These practices are being buffeted by developments related to payments, electronic records requirements, and anti-kickback and Stark regulations, and continuing challenges by the IRS to compensation practices. Industry trends are also challenging physicians and dentists with the rise of ACOs and general consolidation, including sales of practices to hospitals. This program will provide you with a practical guide to legal developments impacting physician and dental practices, including health care reform, electronic records, compensation practices, sales of practices, anti-kickback and Stark rules, and much more. Part 1 of 2.
- Impact of new health care reform law on physician practices
- Update on electronic records and Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
- Fringe benefit changes under health care reform, including insurance, HRAs/MERPs
- Physician and dental practice valuation and sales, including sales to hospitals
- Developments in sales of personal goodwill
James Egleston, Waldheger Coyne, LPA, Ohio
Alson R. Martin, Lathrop and Gage, LLP, Kansas