TELESEMINAR: 2014 Nonprofit Law / Exempt Organizations Update – A National Perspective
January 9, 2014
12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
1.00 MCLE hours
Nonprofit and exempt organizations are subject to a wide range of federal and state regulations governing their fundraising activities, their operations and investments, their compensation practices and how they spend their funds. The pace of legal developments impacting these organizations continues to increase as the IRS and attorneys general step up their enforcement activity, these organizations engage in ever-more complex joint ventures with profit-making companies, and there changes to compliance reporting. This program will provide you with a practical guide to major legal developments impacting non-profit and exempt organizations, including fundraising regulations, changes to Form 990, ventures with profit-making companies, compensation and benefits practices and more.
- Update on major developments in advising nonprofit and exempt organizations
- Developments in charitable solicitation and fundraising
- Changes to IRS Form 990
- UBIT and joint ventures with profit-making ventures
- Section 403(b) retirement plans and executive compensation developments
- Trends in IRS audits and attorneys general enforcement activity
Michael Lehmann, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP, New York