This special committee was created to augment the work of the Standing Committee on the Rural Practice Initiative. By definition, the special committee will have a limited time in which to accomplish its charge. The special committee will be asked to focus on examining and making recommendations on how best ISBA can serve the needs of lawyers practicing in rural areas of Illinois. The special committee will, as part of its charge, need to address the segue between the needs of rural practitioners and the Rural Practice Fellowship Program, including recommendations of the structure of the Rural Practice Fellowship Program.
As the only statewide general bar association in Illinois, the ISBA strives to provide services and programs that help Illinois lawyers successfully and effectively represent clients and operate their practices. To gain a deeper understanding of the experiences of rural practitioners in Illinois and how the ISBA can best meet their needs, the ISBA’s Special Committee on Serving Lawyers in Rural Practices held a listening tour (in person and via Zoom) throughout Illinois in the fall of 2022.
Missed a Listening Tour?
Please email Samantha with any questions or concerns.
- Angel W. Wawrzynek, Armstrong Grove & Wawrzynek LLC, Mattoon, Chair
- Michael G. Bergmann, Public Interest Law Initiative (PILI), Chicago, Member
- Trent L. Bush, Ward Murray Pace & Johnson PC, Sterling, Member
- Jonathan R. Cantrell, Hart Cantrell, Benton, Member
- Chad E. Chojnicki, McDevitt Osteen Chojnicki & Deters LLC, Effingham, Member
- Dustin Thomas Clark, Clark & Jones, Rushville, Member
- Kurt R. Dittmer, Rasmussen & Dittmer LLC, La Harpe, Member
- Clarissa P. Gaff, Land of Lincoln Legal Legal Aid Inc, East St. Louis, Member
- Jennifer L. Kincaid, Pepping Balk Kincaid & Olson Ltd, Silvis, Member
- Sarah J. Taylor, Barrett Twomey Broom Hughes & Hoke LLP, Carbondale, Member
- Alison B. Vawter, Macomb, Member
- Letitia B. Wiggins, Wiggins Law LLC, McLeansboro, Member
- Samantha Raymond, Illinois State Bar Association, Springfield, Staff Liaison