Did you Know that the MCLE rules – adopted by the Illinois Supreme Court and administered by the MCLE Board of the Court – establish a 15-hour accredited MCLE requirement for newly admitted attorneys, allowing you to choose from the following compliance options described in S. Ct. Rule 793:
- A 6-hour Accredited Basic Skills Course plus 9 additional hours of MCLE credit (of your choice); or
- Participation in a year-long Mentoring Program approved for 6 credit hours by the Illinois Supreme Court’s Commission on Professionalism plus 9 additional hours of MCLE credit (of your choice); or
- A 6-hour Basic Skills Course plus Participation in a year-long Mentoring Program approved for 6 credit hours by the Illinois Supreme Court’s Commission on Professionalism plus 3 additional hours of MCLE credit (of your choice).
Satisfy your 15-Hour Illinois Supreme Court newly admitted attorney MCLE requirement with the ISBA – for free!
As a complimentary ISBA member* during your first year of bar admission, you can select your compliance methods through the ISBA at no cost! ISBA offers the following options:
1. Basic Skills 6-hour online course -- Take advantage of ISBA’s online Free CLE member benefit and jump start your new legal career with ISBA’s outstanding course designed to equip you with the information you need as a new Illinois attorney. The program is available through ISBA's online "Free CLE channel" on our FastCLE store.
2. Mentoring - Enroll in ISBA’s year long Lawyer-to-Lawyer Mentoring Program for 6 hours of MCLE credit. The program begins annually each January.
3. Online Programs - Satisfy the remaining hours of your 15-hour requirement with premium programs from ISBA’s online “Free CLE Channel” on our 24/7 online FastCLE store at http://isba.fastcle.com
For even more quality education as you begin your practice (and the opportunity to network with ISBA members), attend most live, on-site ISBA Law Ed programs for only $25 as an ISBA member during your first three years of bar admittance. Visit our online calendar for a complete list of available live programming options.
For more information on mentoring programs, please visit: www.ilsccp.org/mentoring/mentoring_index.htm and www.isba.org/mentoring
For more information about your Newly Admitted Attorney MCLE Requirements, please visit www.mcleboard.org Also see the ISBA Newly Admitted Attorney "DID YOU KNOW?" document.
For additional information about special new admittee rates for ISBA's other on-site Law Ed programs and other fee information, please visit: http://www.isba.org/cle/registrationandfeeinformation
*To activate your complimentary ISBA new attorney membership, please visit: www.isba.org/membership/newadmittees