- 2014 - Kaitlin Barclay, Northern Illinois University College of Law,
- 2013 - Meg Hogan, Northern Illinois University College of Law, Dekalb
- 2012 - Alejandra Lara, University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign
- 2011 - Angela Rollins, Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale
- 2010 - Jennifer Grobelski, DePaul University College of Law, Chicago
- 2009 - Andrea Taylor, SIU School of Law, Carbondale
- 2008 - Jill E. Roberts, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago
- 2007 - Carmelita Tiu, DePaul University College of Law, Chicago
- 2006 - Kari Beyer, The John Marshall Law School, Chicago
- 2005 - Joseph Lin, The John Marshall Law School, Chicago
- 2004 - Nicole Lalich, University Of Illinois College of Law, Champaign
- 2003 - Kaitrin E. Stumpf, Chicago Kent College of Law, Chicago
- 2002 - Ryan J. Dowd, Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb
- 2001 - Melanie Maron, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago
- 2000 - November L. Davison, Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale
- 1999 - Karen Merrill, Loyola University College of Law, Chicago
- 1998 - Carolyn Buntin, Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago
- 1997 - Katharine M. Hoskinson, Loyola University College of Law, Chicago
- 1996 - Melissa Jobe, University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign
- 1995 - Karen M. Bala, Loyola University College of Law, Chicago
- 1994 - Elizabeth M. Vargas-Duncan, Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale
- 1993 - Michael P. Ruiz, University of Chicago Law School, Chicago
- 1992 - Kathryn “Kate” Kelly, DePaul University, Chicago
- 1991 - Allen Fore, Valparaiso, Indiana
- 1990 - Amy Zimmerman, Northwestern, Chicago
The Illinois State Bar Association Law Student Division’s Public Service Award is awarded annually to a law student participating in activities that enhance professional responsibility and provide service to the public. The award is based on extracurricular accomplishments and service related activities during the law school career.
A finalist will be selected from each accredited law school affiliated with the ISBA Law Student Division from which qualified nominees are submitted. The final award recipient will be chosen from these finalists. Each winner will receive a commemorative plaque. The final award recipient will receive all expenses paid to the ISBA Annual Meeting including transportation and one night’s lodging and will be honored at the Awards Luncheon. A $250.00 donation to a non-profit organization of the winner’s choice will be made by the Association in the name of the final award winner. All decisions are final.
To be eligible for this award you must be a member in good standing of the Law Student Division of the Illinois State Bar Association. Prior applicants may apply, except for prior final award recipients.
Required Information for Nominations
- Name, ISBA member number, school, address, email, telephone, year in law school and type of student, and bar admission date of nominee (If not currently an ISBA Law Student Member, sign up for free for electronic membership or for $12.00 for regular membership.)
- Nominator (if different from nominee, include name, address and telephone number)
- Please attach a separate sheet of paper and describe in detail the nominee’s involvement in the public service activities.
- Attach a listing of name(s) of organization(s), contact person, telephone number and amount of hours per week and if credits were received. Applicants are encouraged to emphasize volunteer public service activities.
Have questions? Email Lynne Davis (email@example.com).
Deadline for submmission is Friday, March 20, 2015
Download the nomination form in Word
Download the nomination form in PDF