- 2014 -Mark E. Wojcik, Professor of Law, The John Marshall Law School
- 2013 - Jenner & Block law firm and Dr. Loren Stone Schechter for the case of Fields v. Smith, 653 F.3d 550 (7th Cir. 2011)
- 2012 - Hon. Sebastian T. Patti, Presiding Judge, Domestic Violence Division, Circuit Court of Cook County
- 2011 - John G. Dalton, Elgin
- 2010 - State Representative Greg Harris, Chicago
- 2009 - Ann Hilton Fisher, Executive Director, Aids Legal Council of Chicago
- 2008 - William Borah, William J. Borah & Associates, Homewood & Chicago
- 2007 - Paulette Curkin, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale
- 2006 - Equality Illinois and Rick Garcia and Art Johnston
The Standing Committee on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity has established an award for community leadership. Individuals who have, by individual example and education, worked to eliminate discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity, and who have worked towards fostering understanding of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender persons and the legal issues of concern to them, are eligible to be nominated.
Nominees may include judges, lawyers, members of state or local legislative bodies, educators or community activist groups involved in legal issues relating to the LGBT community. Members of the ISBA are encouraged to nominate persons who meet the criteria.
This award will be presented at the ISBA annual meeting awards luncheon.
Required Information for Nominations
- Name, address, email address, and telephone number of the Nominee
- Brief biographical information
- Employment affiliation
- A brief statement to why the nominee should be the recipient of the award
- Any other information which the nominating person believes may be of assistance to the selection committee
- Name, address, email address, and telephone number of the person or representative of the organization making the nomination
Have questions? Email Lynne Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Deadline for submission is Friday, March 20, 2015.
Send nomination Information with Attachments to*:
SOGI Committee Award for Community Leadership
Lynne Davis, Illinois State Bar Association
424 S. Second Street, Springfield, IL 62701
Or via email email@example.com
* Nomination will be kept for consideration in 2016 if candidate is not selected in 2015.