Some of the most important legal decisions you will make in your life are those that involve your family. Whether you're newly married or going through a divorce, navigating child or pet custody issues, trying to adopt a child, or being the legal guardian for a disabled adult, the Illinois laws that govern these sensitive issues are important to understand, but often complex and changing. Our family law resources will help you understand your basic rights and responsibilities under the law—and determine the next steps you need to take toward resolution—no matter the issue you are dealing with.
- Your Guide to Adoption
- Your Guide to Being Newly Married
- Your Guide to Being a Guardian
- Your Guide to Getting a Divorce in Illinois
- Serving as a Guardian for an Adult with Disabilities
Ask a Lawyer Videos
- Ask A Lawyer: What is Collaborative Law Practice? Is it right for me?
- ISBA Member Lawyer Discusses Adoption Information in Illinois
- ISBA Member Lawyer Discusses Divorce and Family Law Information in Illinois
- What are the tax considerations for same sex couples that decide to get married?
- What should I know about wrongful death law?