Home sweet home? Often, yes—but not always. Whether you are a buyer, a seller, in foreclosure, renting, or a landlord, you have unique duties, responsibilities, and rights under Illinois law. For all parties involved in real estate transactions, there is much at stake. No matter the housing situation you are facing, our resources will help you understand your rights, minimize your legal risk, and protect yourself from financial harm.
- Are there new documents I need for foreclosure during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Can a bank still file foreclosure complaints during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What problems are created by the moratorium on foreclosures during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Can the bank obtain a foreclosure judgement against me during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What does the future of foreclosures look like?
- Which governmental entities control reopening the courts for foreclosures in Illinois?
- Can I file an emergency motion to get my foreclosure case heard faster?
- What should I do if my contractor isn't doing a good job and needs to be replaced?
- What is the home repair and remodeling act?
- What should be included in a construction contract?
- How do I change my construction contract?
- How does a homeowner protect against a mechanic's lien?
- How do I dispute a lien against my property?
- What is the Illinois mechanic's lien act?
- ISBA Member Lawyer Discusses Real Estate Information and Advice in Illinois
- What type of insurance should I have for my next construction project?
- What is the difference between workers' compensation insurance and general liability insurance?
- What is normally covered by commercial general liability insurance?
- Is there any type of insurance that guarantees that a contractor complete the job?
- What is a lien waiver?
- How does a homeowner get a lien waiver?
- What is the Illinois Mechanics Lien Act?
- What obligations do homeowners have under the Illinois Mechanics Lien Act?
- What documents should a homeowner get from their contractor?
- What is a construction escrow?