Being informed of your rights under Illinois law is the best guarantee that these rights will be upheld. Learn more about personal rights, including what to do if you are arrested and the important protections that are in place for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender persons under the Illinois Human Rights Act.
- Advice for Aging LGBTQ Persons
- Live Safe: Your ID Documentation and Records After Gender Transitioning
- Rights of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, and Transgender Persons
- A Guide to Jury Service
- Your Guide to Your Rights If Arrested
- What does the Equal Rights Amendment do?
- For videos about jury duty, please visit our page about The Legal System