You may also download a PDF of Law Ed Speaker Expectations
What You can Expect
- Contact from the ISBA CLE Coordinator to confirm the dates and times for your presentation.
- Contact from the ISBA CLE Department regarding deadlines and program information.
- Publicity for you and your firm in ISBA brochures, marketing emails, and/or color flyers, as well as on our website and in the course materials.
- A speaker invitation letter that you can use to invite all your peers to the program.
- Complimentary preparation time MCLE credit at 6 times your actual presentation time.
- Complimentary registration to the program at which you are speaking.
What ISBA Expects
- Your agreement to submit written materials, legal forms, and/or PowerPoint presentation at least 4 weeks prior to program date.
- Your agreement to submit original materials or to secure written permission for ISBA to reprint copyrighted works in course books and electronic products.
- Your agreement to arrive not less than 30 minutes prior to presenting.
- Your membership in ISBA – or consideration to join the ISBA.
- Your agreement to be videotaped by submitting a signed ISBA presentation agreement.
- Your agreement to review the Professional Responsibility Course Development Checklist if you are presenting a segment that qualifies for PMCLE credit.
- Your review and completion of all or part of ISBA’s Faculty Development programs.
- Your agreement to comply with the ISBA travel reimbursement guidelines and limitations.