Young Lawyers Division
The ISBA Young Lawyers Division serves as a resource for young lawyers practicing in Illinois to develop, enhance, and foster a balanced professional life. It consists of all ISBA members under age 37 and members admitted to practice under 7 years.
New Lawyer Website
The New Lawyer website is designed to make it easy for new lawyers to find information aimed at them including videos, top tips, job opportunities, events, and more. It also highlights ISBA benefits including:
- CLE (including a tool to find out MCLE Compliance and Reporting Deadlines)
- Practice Tools
- Mentoring information
Other Tools and Resources
- Young Lawyers Division Directory
- Career Resource Center
- Useful links
- ISBA Report on Impact of Current Law School Curriculum on the Future of the Practice of Law in Illinois
- ISBA Report on the Impact of Law School Debt on the Delivery of Legal Services
Annual Lincoln Award Writing Contest
The 2018 Lincoln Award Writing Contest is sponsored by and for members of the Young Lawyers Division. If you're an ISBA lawyer member and are under the age of 36 as of July 1, 2017 or admitted to the bar fewer than five years as of that date, you're eligible to complete for a share of the $3,500 in prize money. Past winning articles can be found in the February issues of the Illinois Bar Journal. Find out more...
YLD Professional Development
See our past programs in our Professional Development Series archive.
Over the course of any bar year, the ISBA YLD holds a number of flagship events. Each event is a unique opportunity for our sponsors to target and reach this up-and-coming group of lawyers. Find out more about sponsorship opportunities.
Children's Assistance Fund
The ISBA YLD Children's Assistance Fund awards grants to 501(c)(3) organizations serving the State of Illinois. Bar Associations, though 501(c)(6) organizations, are encouraged to apply for project support. Find out more about the Children's Assistance Fund
News and Pictures
Current Newsletter — April 2017
- Illinois Supreme Court weighs adoption of Uniform Bar Examination
- Embracing change: Why is it so difficult?
- Using your voice
- Is there a ‘crisis’ of law schools in America?
- Court orders and detective Sergeant Joe Friday