We're looking for useful, practical articles on topics important to practicing lawyers. The highest scores will go to manuscripts that Illinois lawyers can use in their practices and that are written in a no-nonsense, plain-English style.
If you're an ISBA lawyer member under age 37 as of July 1 or admitted to the bar fewer than seven years as of that date, you're eligible to compete for a share of the $3,500 in Lincoln Award prize money and a handsome plaque for your office. And even if you don't win, yours may be among the many Lincoln Award entries to appear in the Illinois Bar Journal.
The contest is sponsored by and for members of the Young Lawyers Division. A distinguished panel of judges will evaluate the entries.
- February – Winning article published in the Illinois Bar Journal.
- March – Competition and rules announced.
- Mid-July – Notice of intent to enter the competition is due.
- Mid-August – A brief outline of the article is due.
- Late September/Early October – The manuscript is due.
Please contact Jean Fenski at email@example.com or (217) 525-1760 or (800) 252-8908 if you have questions.