ISBA Midyear Meeting
(Joint meeting with the Illinois Judges Association)
December 10-12, 2015
The Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers
301 East North Water Street, Chicago, Illinois
The Illinois State Bar Association and the Illinois Judges Association are pleased to invite you to celebrate the profession and consider issues of mutual interest to the bench and bar during our annual Midyear Meeting (and joint meeting with the Illinois Judges Association).
Umberto S. Davi, President
Illinois State Bar Association
Judge Robert J. Anderson, President
Illinois Judges Association
This Year's Highlights Include:
- Opening Reception: Enjoy refreshments and hors d'oeuvres as you meet and mingle with members of the bench and bar Thursday evening.
- Friday's Luncheon Presentation: Join us for lunch with featured speaker, Attorney General Lisa Madigan.
- IJA/ISBA Joint Programs:
- Media Talk – How and Why Judges and Lawyers Should Speak on Legal Topics. Discover why lawyers and judges should address the public in mass media formats to promote respect for the law, the legal system, and the profession.
- Poetry and the Law – Remembering to be Inspired. Don't miss this interactive presentation as Judge Thomas Donnelly and Judge Charles Reynard (co-chairs of the IJA Literature and Law Committee) use poetry to explore the legal profession, as well as the intense demands this profession makes on attorneys and judges.
- CLE Master Series Seminar:
- An American Prosecutor's Story – The Holocaust and the Dachau War Crimes Trial. Listen as author Joshua Greene takes us on a journey through the largest (yet least known) war crimes trial in history that took place after the Holocaust, which includes film footage of scenes inside the Dachau courtroom, archival photos, charts, a brief audio reenactment of closing arguments, and drawings made by former inmates of the concentration camps.
- Friday's Reception and Dinner: Join us for a special evening that includes a cocktail reception, dinner, musical entertainment, and featured speaker, Justice Anne Burke, as we honor the Justices of the Illinois Supreme Court.
- ISBA Assembly Meeting: Don't miss the ISBA Assembly Meeting as the policy-making body of the Association meets to conduct the business of the Association.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to speak with representatives from a number of exhibitors throughout the day on Friday.
Midyear/Joint Meeting Home
Advance registration for Joint Meeting is closed. Please register on-site.