ISBA Lawyer-to-Lawyer Mentoring Program for Mentees
"I have had a wonderful time working with [my mentor] and I think we have both been able to learn from each other. Such a rewarding experience, thank you for organizing!"
– Judy Conway (New Attorney)
New Attorneys are eligible for the ISBA Lawyer-to-Lawyer Mentoring Program if they satisfy the following requirements:
- Admitted to practice in Illinois no more than five years prior to the date of beginning the program
- Registered as “active” on the Illinois ARDC Master Roll of Attorneys
- Practice law in Illinois or intend to practice law in Illinois
- ISBA Member (All new attorneys receive a complimentary ISBA membership during their first year of admission to the IL bar. If you haven't already, activate your membership now!)
If you meet this eligibility requirement and wish to participate in the mentoring program, please complete the Commission's New Lawyer Application form and be sure to select ISBA as the sponsoring organization. ISBA will do its best to accommodate your request, but cannot guarantee a match. A required orientation meeting is held each January.
The program focuses on issues encountered in the practice of law. New attorneys who are not yet working in the legal profession, please be aware that the program is not a tool for identifying or assisting you in finding employment opportunities. ISBA provides career assistance through our online career resource center.
Apply to be a Mentee