The mission of the Standing Committee on the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission is:
- To solidify the working relationship between the ISBA and the ARDC through enhanced communication and dissemination of relevant information.
- To provide information to the legal community regarding attorneys' professional and ethical duties and the disciplinary system.
- To review and make recommendations to the ARDC and the Supreme Court of Illinois regarding the disciplinary system to ensure that the disciplinary system is fair and balances the needs of the profession and the public.
Consists of a chair, vice-chair, secretary and members-at-large appointed by the ISBA President.
- ISBA Ethics page
- Illinois Bar Journal articles on ethics and attorney discipline.
- Recent disciplinary filings
Misuse of Client Funds
In re: Allen A. Lefkovitz, M.R. 28257 (November 21, 2016), affirming 2014 PR 00039 (August 24, 2015)
- Kristin Irene Olson, Belleville, Chair
- George R. Ripplinger, Ripplinger & Zimmer, Belleville, Vice-Chair
- Kathryne R. Hayes, Collins Bargione Vuckovich, Chicago, Secretary
- David A. Herman, Giffin Winning Cohen & Bodewes PC, Springfield, Ex-Officio
- Peter C. Alexander, SIU School of Law, Carbondale, Member
- Moses Bernard Briseno, The Law Offices of Moses Briseno, Arlington Heights, Member
- Tambra K. Cain, Johnson County State's Attorney, Vienna, Member
- Chris P. Clasby, HeplerBroom LLC, St. Louis, Member
- Jeffrey D. Corso, Cooney Corso & Moynihan LLC, Downers Grove, Member
- Shirley A. Gallant, Piercey & Associates LTD, Oak Brook, Member
- James J. Gay, James J Gay Law LLC, Chicago, Member
- Terra Costa Howard, Terra Costa Howard Attorney at Law, Glen Ellyn, Member
- Maurice C. Hunt, Vermillion County State's Attorney Office, Danville, Member
- Hon. Lloyd A. Karmeier, Ret., Nashville, Member
- Ann M. Lampariello-Perez, Lamp Law LLC, Wheaton, Member
- Markus May, May Law Firm LLC, Naperville, Member
- Barton J. O’Brien, Taft Stettinius and Hollister LLP, Chicago, Member
- Dwight H. O’Keefe, Brown Hay & Stephens, Springfield, Member
- Ann R. Pieper, Kavanagh Scully Sudow White & Frederick PC, Peoria, Member
- George M. Sachs, George M Sachs PC, Arlington Heights, Member
- David Lawrence Sanders, Chicago, Member
- Marie K. Sarantakis, Sarantakis Law Group Ltd, Oak Brook, Member
- Gary L. Schlesinger, Schlesinger & Strauss LLC, Libertyville, Member
- Melissa A. Smart, ARDC, Chicago, Member
- Thomas Vasiljevich, Ogletree Deakins Nash Smoak & Stewart, Chicago, Member
- Hon. Michelle A. Vescogni, 13th Judicial Circuit - LaSalle County, Ottawa, Member
- Tanya Witt, The Witt Law Firm PC, Chicago, Member
- Leslie A. Wood, Wood Law Office, Glen Carbon, Member
- Nicholas Joseph Feda, Kane County Public Defender's Office, St. Charles, Board Liaison
- Blake Howard, Illinois State Bar Association, Chicago, Staff Liaison