The purpose of the Standing Committee on Military Affairs of the Illinois State Bar Association is to provide information, support and assistance to the military community and the general public relating to the legal issues that service members may face during and after service. The Committee is committed to being the conduit between service members in need of legal assistance and Illinois attorneys who can provide guidance and/or advice.
Legal resources for Veterans
- The Illinois Armed Forces Legal Aid Network provides civil legal services across Illinois.
- VetLex is a national, dedicated web-based network of coordinated pro bono service providers to serve the legal needs of veterans.
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.
- Hon. Sarah D. Smith, Madison County Ciruit Court, Edwardsville, Chair
- Tambra K. Cain, Johnson County State's Attorney, Vienna, Secretary
- Nicole Massey, Land of Lincoln Legal Aid, Champaign, Ex-Officio
- Stephen William Adamsky, Jr., O'Fallon, Member
- Dale J. Aschemann, SIU School of Law; Veterans Legal Assistance Program, Carterville, Member
- William W. Austin, Effingham, Member
- Thomas E. Digan, Region Legal Service Office Midwest, Great Lakes, Member
- Anne Catherine Dunbar, Prairie State Legal Services Inc, Moline, Member
- Vanessa L. Hammer, Hammer Serna & Quinn LLC, Chicago, Member
- Kenneth T. Lumb, Corboy & Demetrio PC, Chicago, Member
- Aaron B. Maduff, Maduff & Maduff LLC, Arlington Heights, Member
- Joseph Neely, Behr McCarter & Potter PC, St. Louis, Member
- Hon. Ronald D. Spears, Spears Dispute Resolution, Taylorville, Member
- Joseph P. Steinfels, Lake County Public Defender, Park Ridge, Member
- Alan L. Sternberg, Bloomington, Member
- Randall Louis Tyner, Office of the Illinois Attorney General, Wilmette, Member
- Frank J. Zacchigna, Esq, Franklin Law, Roselle, Member
- Amanda G. Highlander, Mitchell Highlander, LLC, Edwardsville, Board Liaison
- Tajuana Beasley, Illinois State Bar Association, Chicago, Staff Liaison