2013 Marketing Your Practice booklet - FREE to ISBA members. Ethics of lawyer marketing, special advertising rates in ISBA publications, converting your Website visitors to paying clients. Request your copy today - email@example.com
In This Issue…
- From rags to riches: How the portrayal of female attorneys in the media has evolved from clothes and fashion to focus and success
As the female population becomes more present in the legal profession, the portrayal of these females on television has also increased and has an impact on what the public expects from a female attorney. But is this a good thing? Are these portrayals accurate?
- Chair’s column
A look at the Committee's recent and upcoming activities.
- Women in politics: Amazing things happen when women get involved
Wonderful things happen when women get involved; all that is necessary to get involved is a willingness to say yes and work hard.
- Is failure to file a lis pendens at the outset of a divorce case considered malpractice?
- Apply for a public administrator or public guardian appointment
Public administrators and public guardians serve an important role in Illinois by helping with estate administration and protecting the interests of disabled adults.
- The law that won’t be missed
The author shares her list of archaic laws from around the country.
- Move outside of your comfort zone
The author shares her experience after recently taking on a case outside of Illinois.
- Female judges in Illinois: Where are we now?
This article examines some of the statistics relating to females in the judiciary in Illinois and includes interviews with several female judges examining the role and experiences of these female judges.
- You still have to eat!
The author shares some recipes that demonstrate that nutritious cooking can actually be done easily, even during the week.
- Someone you should know: Jody Raphael
Learn more about this dynamic attorney and senior research fellow at the Schiller DuCanto & Fleck Family Law Center at DePaul University College of Law.
- No need to rush into fracking
This Op-Ed was featured in the Chicago Sun Times on March 14, 2013
Disclaimer: This newsletter is for subscribers’ personal use only; redistribution is prohibited. Copyright Illinois State Bar Association. Statements or expressions of opinion appearing herein are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the Association or Editors, and likewise the publication of any advertisement is not to be construed as an endorsement of the product or service offered unless it is specifically stated in the ad that there is such approval or endorsement.