Expert Services Directory: Forensic Psychology
Mitchell Hicks, PhD, ABPP
3411-C North Kennicott Ave.
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Dr. Hicks provides consultation to legal professionals in four forensic domains:
• Criminal proceedings involving competency to stand trial, to waive Miranda rights, to confess, or to be executed, and the identification of psychological factors relevant to sentence mitigation.
• The evaluation of sexual offender recidivism risk and treatment needs, including at pre-sentencing, pre-plea agreement, or second opinions. (He is listed with the Illinois Sex Offender Management Board, and is a clinical member of the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers).
• The evaluation and treatment of personal injury and workers’ compensation claimants presenting with conditions such as post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, and other psychological disorders.
• Review of records with respect to standard of care, and to assist counsel in the development of direct and cross-examinations.
Dr. Hicks may also be able to assist in other matters not listed above. He is available to discuss the specifics of your client's case to determine if he can be of assistance.
Background and Credentials
Dr. Hicks received his doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of Cincinnati, and is board certified in Clinical Psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology. He has provided assessment and psychotherapeutic services in correctional facilities, community mental health centers, college counseling centers, and in private practice. He is a member of the Core Faculty in Clinical Psychology at Walden University, where he has taught courses in Advanced Psychopathology, Personality Assessment, Psychotherapy Interventions and Ethics and Professional Standards as well as led professional development seminars for students in practicum and internship training. He was elected to the Council of the Illinois Psychological Association (IPA) in 2008, and has been serving as a member of the IPA Executive Committee since 2009.
Evaluations can be conducted at my office in Arlington Heights, the referring attorney’s office, a correctional facility, or another mutually agreeable location.
Psycholegal Assessments, Inc.
Steven Gaskell, Psy.D.
2135 City Gate Lane
Naperville, IL 60563
Steven Gaskell, Psy.D. is a Forensic Psychologist in Illinois who provides a variety of forensic and general clinical psychological evaluations. He has extensive experience with a variety of legal issues and can provide services related to:
- Competency to Stand Trial/ Fitness to Stand Trial
- Criminal Responsibility or Sanity at the Time of the Offense
- Mitigating Factors Assessment
- Miranda Rights Issues (voluntariness of waiver, competency to confess, interrogative suggestibility)
- Malingering and Deception Evaluation
- Future risk assessment
- Death Penalty Evaluations
Dr. Gaskell has completed more than 1000 Forensic Psychological Assessments including over 500 Fitness to Stand Trial and Criminal Responsibility (Insanity Defense) psychological evaluations and he has provided expert testimony these issues on numerous occasions. Dr. Gaskell also uses psychological testing to evaluate the defendant for the possibility of exaggerating, feigning or malingering.
- Sexual Assault Allegations
- Sex Offender Evaluations
- Sexually Violent Person, Sexually Violent Predator Evaluations
- Sexually Dangerous Person Evaluations
- Future Risk Assessment - Likelihood of Sexual Re-Offense
Dr. Steven Gaskell offers sex offender evaluations of individuals charged with a sexual crime. He has completed more than 500 evaluations of sexual offenders, mostly within the context of Sexually Violent commitment statutes.
Civil Court and Other Evaluations
- Workman’s Compensation Psychological Evaluations
- Evaluations for Insurance Companies
- Psychological Evaluation for Disability Determination
- Independent Medical Examinations(IME's)
- Civil Competency/Capacity Evaluations
- Malingering and Deception
- Analysis of other expert’s psychological reports
- Analysis of other expert’s depositions and courtroom testimony
- Trial preparation consultation
- Expert testimony
Call today for a free consultation.