Psycholegal Assessments, Inc.
Steven Gaskell, Psy.D.
Steven Gaskell, Psy.D. is a Forensic Psychologist in Illinois who provides a variety of forensic and general clinical psychological evaluations. He has extensive experience with a variety of legal issues and can provide services related to:
- Competency to Stand Trial / Fitness to Stand Trial
- Criminal Responsibility or Sanity at the Time of the Offense
- Mitigating Factors Assessment
- Miranda Rights Issues (voluntariness of waiver, competency to confess, interrogative suggestibility)
- Malingering and Deception Evaluation
Dr. Gaskell has completed more than 1800 Forensic Psychological Assessments including over 600 Fitness to Stand Trial and Criminal Responsibility (Insanity Defense) psychological evaluations and he has provided expert testimony these issues on numerous occasions. Dr. Gaskell also uses psychological testing to evaluate the defendant for the possibility of exaggerating, feigning or malingering.
- Sexual Assault Allegations
- Sex Offender Evaluations
- Sexually Violent Person, Sexually Violent Predator Evaluations
- Sexually Dangerous Person Evaluations
- Future Risk Assessment - Likelihood of Sexual Re-Offense
- Adam Wash Act Evaluations for Immigration
Dr. Steven Gaskell offers sex offender evaluations of individuals charged with a sexual crime. He has completed more than 900 evaluations of sexual offenders, mostly within the context of Sexually Violent commitment statutes.
Civil Court and Other Evaluations
- Workman’s Compensation Psychological Evaluations
- Evaluations for Insurance Companies
- Psychological Evaluation for Disability Determination
- Independent Medical Examinations (IME's)
- Civil Competency/Capacity Evaluations
- Malingering and Deception
- Analysis of other expert’s psychological reports
- Analysis of other expert’s depositions and courtroom testimony
- Trial preparation consultation
- Expert testimony
Call today for a free consultation.