IllinoisBarDocs is the ISBA's fully automated document assembly system that is built around a library of Illinois-specific legal forms. It is available on the HotDocs Market, which is a new ecommerce website where bar associations and other legal publishers make forms available to lawyers.
- The new statewide Financial Affidavit and Interim Fee Award Order, which are required to be used in divorce proceedings
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does IllinoisBarDocs cost?
IllinoisBarDocs is a subscription-based product that is only available to members of the Illinois State Bar Association. ISBA members can purchase a yearly subscription for $199 or a monthly subscription for $20/month. Volume discounts are available for multi-attorney firms. Click button above for volume pricing details on the HotDocs Market.
What forms are included in IllinoisBarDocs?
IllinoisBarDocs includes family law forms (reflecting the recent IMDMA rewrite), real estate forms, and the Illinois Statutory Power of Attorney forms (reflecting the Jan. 1, 2016 amendments). The full list of included forms can be viewed by selecting "Library" on the IllinoisBarDocs product page, which can be accessed by clicking on "Purchase IllinoisBarDocs" above. New forms and practice areas will be added on an ongoing basis.
How do I purchase IllinoisBarDocs?
- Click on "Purchase IllinoisBarDocs" above.
- Once you are on the IllinoisBarDocs product page, you must register in order to verify that you are an ISBA member. To do so, click on "Register" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- Once you are on the Register page, fill in all required information. The email address you enter must be the primary email address you have on file with the ISBA. If you do not know your primary email address, see the information below under "How do I locate my primary email address that is on file with the ISBA?".
- After you register, the system will use your email address to verify that you are an ISBA member and you will then be able to purchase an IllinoisBarDocs subscription.
- On the IllinoisBarDocs product page, select your desired subscription option (e.g., yearly or monthly) and click "Add to Cart".
- To finalize your order, you must enter your billing details, review your order, and then confirm your order.
How do I locate my primary email address that is on file with the ISBA?
- Login to the ISBA website
- Click on "My Account" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- On your account page, your primary email address is listed under your "Contact Information"
For additional assistance, please call (800) 252-8908
Does each attorney in my firm need their own IllinoisBarDocs subscription?
Yes. But volume discounts are available for firms with multiple attorneys.
Can my secretary or paralegal use my IllinoisBarDocs subscription?
Yes. Support staff is allowed to use an attorney's IllinoisBarDocs subscription so long as they do so under the attorney's supervision.
Do I need any special software to use IllinoisBarDocs?
No. IllinoisBarDocs is powered by a cloud-based version of HotDocs document assembly software. You interact with the system via the Internet and after your documents are generated, you download your documents as either Microsoft Word files or PDF files. Microsoft Word and a PDF reader are the only additional software you need to use IllinoisBarDocs.
What types of computers or devices can use IllinoisBarDocs?
Because it uses cloud-based software, you can access and use IllinoisBarDocs on any PC, Mac, or mobile device (e.g., a smartphone or iPad) that is connected to the Internet.
Can I edit the forms created with IllinoisBarDocs?
The Microsoft Word forms created with IllinoisBarDocs can be edited, stored, and used like any other Microsoft Word file. The PDF forms created with IllinoisBarDocs (currently only two) can not be edited after they are created with the system and downloaded. To subsequently edit the PDF forms, you need to go back into the IllinoisBarDocs system to make necessary changes and download an updated form.
How do I use the HotDocs system?
View this short video for a quick overview.
Who do I call for technical support?
Technical support for IllinoisBarDocs is provided by HotDocs Customer Services. Call 1 (844) 536-4343. Technical support is available Monday - Friday from 9:00 am - 8:00 pm EST.
How do I donate legal forms for possible inclusion in IllinoisBarDocs?
Send your forms, via email attachments, to IllinoisBarDocs@isba.org.
How do I suggest new forms for the ISBA to include in IllinoisBarDocs?
Send your form suggestions, via email, to IllinoisBarDocs@isba.org.