Membership in the ISBA is one of the best investments you can make in your career. The law is always evolving, new legislation is constantly passed, and emerging technologies change how we practice. Your membership in the ISBA provides you with the tools, research and network that help you stay on top of your practice. Our package of member benefits enable you to practice more affordably and effectively while upholding the ideals of the profession. Throughout your career, the ISBA will be here to support you in your professional needs.
Membership is open to all licensed attorneys, with a graduated dues scale starting at $75 for second year practitioners. New Admittees receive a complimentary year of membership for their first year.
We offer an astounding array of benefits including:
- Free online CLE via ISBA’s FastCLE Store
(Sponsored by ISBA Mutual Insurance Company);
- Free online legal research through Fastcase (Sponsored by ISBA Mutual Insurance Company);
- Daily delivery of E-Clips, containing the latest case law and legal news;
- Listing on IllinoisLawyerFinder to help market your practice;
- Free subscription to Illinois Bar Journal;
- Discounts on CLE and books;
- Ethics help from the advisory opinions database or Ethics InfoLine;
- Assistance on substantive law and law office management issues via the MentorCenter and discussion groups;
- Use of the ISBA Member Mark/Member Firm Mark;
- Access to a members-only professional liability insurance plan;
- and so much more.
For a complete list of benefits, please visit our Member Benefits page.
Your membership also provides you with discounts on:
- practice management software through Clio;
- online back-up and storage solutions through CoreVault;
- LawPay credit card processing for attorneys;
- web design and hosting through EsqSites;
- UPS shipping services;
- insurance through Geico (auto), ISBA Mutual (malpractice), and Marsh Affinity (health)
- and much more.
For a complete list of discounts, please visit our Member Marketplace page.
For all others, please visit our Join page for applications for lawyers and law students as well as information about our automatic and group billing plans.
The bar membership year runs July 1 through June 30. Qualifying attorneys joining after January 1 will be prorated at half the dues rate, and will receive 7.5 hours of free CLE, unless a request to pay the full dues rate to access the full 15 hours of Free CLE is received by ISBA.
Contact the Membership Department
Have a membership question? Email the Membership Department or call us at 217-525-1760 or 800-252-8908.