Did you Know that the Illinois Supreme court MCLE rules establish a 15-hour accredited MCLE requirement for newly admitted attorneys, allowing you to choose from the following compliance options described in S. Ct. Rule 793:
- An Accredited Basic Skills Course of no less than 6 hours (such as ISBA’s Basic Skills Course) PLUS at least 9 additional hours of MCLE credit of your choice (available from the ISBA at www.isba.org/cle); OR
- Participation in a year-long Mentoring Program approved for no less than 6 credit hours by the Illinois Supreme Court’s Commission on Professionalism (www.2civility.org/programs/mentoring/) PLUS at least 9 additional hours of MCLE credit of your choice; OR
- An Accredited Basic Skills Course of no less than 6-hours PLUS Participation in a year-long Mentoring Program approved for 6 credit hours by the Illinois Supreme Court’s Commission on Professionalism PLUS 3 additional hours of MCLE credit of your choice?
For more information about your Newly Admitted Attorney MCLE Requirements, please visit www.mcleboard.org Also see the ISBA Newly Admitted Attorney "DID YOU KNOW?" document.
Satisfy your 15-Hour Illinois Supreme Court newly admitted attorney MCLE requirement with the ISBA – for free!
As a complimentary ISBA member* during your first year of bar admission, you can select your compliance methods through the ISBA at no cost! ISBA offers the following options:
1. Basic Skills Online Course -- Jump start your new legal career with ISBA’s outstanding online course that's designed to equip you with the information you need as a new Illinois attorney. The program is available through ISBA's Online CLE site.
2. Mentoring - Enroll in ISBA’s year long Lawyer-to-Lawyer Mentoring Program for 6 hours of MCLE credit. The program begins annually each January.
3. Online Programs - Satisfy the remaining hours of your 15-hour requirement via our Online CLE site. ISBA's online Free CLE member benefit is sponsored by ISBA Mutual Insurance Company.
For even more quality education as you begin your practice (and the opportunity to network with ISBA members), attend most live, on-site ISBA Law Ed programs for only $25 as an ISBA member during your first five years of bar admittance. Visit our online calendar for a complete list of available live programming options.
For additional information about special new admittee rates for ISBA's other on-site Law Ed programs and other fee information, please visit: http://www.isba.org/cle/registrationandfeeinformation
*To activate your complimentary ISBA new attorney membership, please visit: www.isba.org/membership/newadmittees