The mission of the Standing Committee on the Future of Legal Services is broad. It shall monitor and examine long term developments (current and anticipated) in technology, consumer markets and attitudes affecting lawyers and the courts, nonlawyer service providers, alternative legal business structures, judicial processes, and the role and value of lawyers in the legal services marketplace. The Committee shall strive to alert, educate, and assist the membership, especially in conjunction with other relevant Association groups and staff, in practicing successfully in the changing legal environment. The Committee shall also provide comments and recommendations to Association leadership on relevant topics in order to position the Association, its members, and the profession at the forefront of developments in the legal services marketplace. The Committee shall consist of a Chair, Vice-chair, Secretary, no more than ten additional members from the membership at large, and the 2nd Vice-President ex officio as Board Liaison.
Visit our Future of Legal Resources page for reports, resources, and more.
- Hon. Dennis J. Burke, Chicago, Secretary
- Thomas A. Bruno, Bruno Law Offices LLC, Urbana, Ex-Officio
- Pepi Camerlingo, Dussias Wittenberg Koenigsberger LLP, Chicago, Member
- Mitch Gilfillan, Quinn Johnston Henderson Pretorius Cerulo, Peoria, Member
- Emily Ann Hansen, Walsh Construction, Chicago, Member
- David R. Hughes, Barrett Twomey Broom Hughes & Hoke LLP, Carbondale, Member
- Anisa L. Jordan, The Jordan Law Firm, Arlington Heights, Member
- Timothy E. Moran, Schmidt Salzman & Moran Ltd, Chicago, Member
- Jennifer A. Parks, Dussias Wittenberg Koenigsberger LLP, Chicago, Member
- Evan W. Schanerberger, Illinois Department of Revenue, Chicago, Member
- Samantha L. Sweeney, Barmann, Bohlen, & Scott, P.C., Kankakee, Member