The mission of the Standing Committee on Government Lawyers is
- To promote a representative organized bar by providing a forum for government lawyers to meet, identify, address and register common concerns regarding substantive and procedural laws relating to government practice.
- To work to ensure adequate government lawyer representation on the committees and section councils of the Association.
- To promote the representation of government lawyer interests in all aspects of bar activities and the profession.
- To present seminars and conferences and conduct other appropriate activities in furtherance of these goals.
Current Newsletter — March 2017
- Demystifying “unduly burdensome” under FOIA
- In-sites: Deposition tips
- What may the Concealed Carry License Review Board properly consider when granting or denying a permit?
Ethics Extravaganza 2017
May 11, 2017 – Chicago
Tools and Resources
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.