Are you looking for a short term opportunity to give back to the legal profession?
Benefits of Becoming a Mentor
- Satisfaction of giving back to the profession;
- Enjoyment in assisting a new attorney as they transition into practice;
- Gratification from helping improve professionalism and civility in the profession;
- Fulfillment in gaining a new perspective on the practice from the new attorney;
- 6 hours of Free MCLE/PMCLE credit (satisfies 1 hour of Diversity & Inclusion PMCLE credit and 1 hour of Mental Health/Substance Abuse PMCLE credit MCLE requirement)
- A certificate to attend one live, on-site ISBA CLE program (up to 6 hours of MCLE credit) for free upon completion of the mentoring program.
What to Expect as a Mentor
- Share your practical knowledge and experience with new lawyers during their critical transition from law student to legal practitioner;
- Meet eight times to complete the structured curriculum;
- Attend the mandatory orientation on January 27, 2021 with your assigned mentee to be trained and equipped with the materials you need; and
- Use the Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism "Mentoring Plan" resources
– Judy Conway (New Attorney)
- Registration on the Illinois ARDC Master Roll of Attorneys as an active member in good standing;
- Admitted to practice law in Illinois for no less than 5 years;
- Never have been suspended or disbarred from the practice of law in any state or jurisdiction; and
- Active ISBA membership
Applications Due: December 11, 2020
Mandatory Orientation – Chicago OR Webcast January 27, 2021 (Viewing at the same location as your mentee may be required.)
Thank you for giving back to those who are new to the legal profession!