ISBA Lawyer-to-Lawyer Mentoring Program for Mentors
Are you looking for a short term opportunity to give back to the legal profession?
Benefits of Becoming a Mentor
- Satisfaction of giving back to the profession;
- Enjoyment in assisting a new attorney as they transition into practice;
- Gratification from helping improve professionalism and civility in the profession;
- Fulfillment in gaining a new perspective on the practice from the new attorney;
- 6 hours of Free MCLE/PMCLE credit
- A cetificate to attend one live, onsite ISBA CLE program (up to 6 hours of MCLE credit) for free upon completion of the mentoring program.
What to Expect as a Mentor
- Share your practical knowledge and experience with new lawyers during their critical transition from law student to legal practitioner;
- Meet eight times to complete the structured curriculum;
- Attend the mandatory orientation on January 19, 2017 with your assigned mentee to be trained and equipped
- Use the Supreme Court Commission on Professionalism "Mentoring Plan" resources
– Judy Conway (New Attorney)
- Registration on the Illinois ARDC Master Roll of Attorneys as an active member in good standing;
- Admitted to practice law in Illinois for no less than 5 years;
- Never have been suspended or disbarred from the practice of law in any state or jurisdiction; and
- Active ISBA membership
Applications Due: December 23, 2016
Mandatory Orientation – Chicago OR Webcast January 19, 2017 (Viewing at the same location as your mentee is required.)
Thank you for giving back to those who are new to the legal profession!