ISBA Awards to Be Presented at 136th Annual Meeting
Chris Ruys Communications
312-337-7746 or email@example.com
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 11, 2012
The Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) will present several awards recognizing individuals for their commitment and service to the profession and their communities at an Awards Luncheon on Friday, June 15, at the organization’s 136th Annual Meeting at The Abbey Resort in Fontana, Wis. Award recipients are:
- Law Student Division Public Service Award: Alejandra Lara, a third year law student at the University of Illinois College of Law;
- Young Lawyers of the Year: Angela Baker Evans, of Peoria, a lawyer at the law firm of Westervelt, Johnson, Nicoll & Keller, LLC; and Steven Hunter, of Chicago, a partner with the Chicago law firm of Quarles & Brady LLP;
- Diversity Leadership Award: E. Lynn Grayson, partner, Jenner & Block;
- Matthew Maloney Tradition of Excellence Award: Warrenville attorney William Price;
- Community Leadership Award: Hon. Sebastian Patti, presiding judge, Domestic Violence Division, Circuit Court of Cook County;
- Elmer Gertz Award for Human Rights: Hon. Martha A. Mills, Circuit Court of Cook County;
- Joseph R. Bartylak Memorial Legal Services Award: John Lafond, of Urbana, a telephone counselor at the Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation;
- Board of Governors Awards: Edward J. Burt, of Oak Forest, a name partner of the law firm of Urban & Burt; Hon. M. Carol Pope, of Petersburg, an Appellate Court Justice, 4th District Appellate Court; and Julie Ann Sebastian, of Chicago, an Assistant Cook County State’s Attorney.
- John C. McAndrews Pro Bono Service Awards: Patrick Kinnally, a partner in the Aurora law firm of Kinnally Flaherty Krentz & Loran, P.C.; the Chicago law firms Miller, Shakman and Beam, and SNR Denton, and the Peoria County Bar Association.
The 33,000-member ISBA, with offices in Springfield and Chicago, provides professional services to Illinois lawyers, and education and services to the public.
# # #