Consult a Lawyer – At No Cost – On Saturday, April 26, During Ask-A-Lawyer Day
Chris Ruys Communications, Inc.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 1, 2014
Anyone in Illinois with a question about a legal matter can consult a lawyer – at no cost – during the 33nd Annual Ask-a-Lawyer Day, Saturday, April 26, from 9 a.m. to noon. The event is sponsored by the Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) in cooperation with bar associations in Cook, DuPage, Lake and Will counties.
Volunteer lawyers will be standing by to provide general information about consumer problems, family law, estate planning, personal injury and other common legal issues. Callers will be given information about their legal difficulties, which may include consulting with another lawyer on the caller’s specific legal situation.
In addition to two toll-free numbers, the public can email their questions or discuss their legal problem with a lawyer using Skype. They can also contact participating bar associations at their respective phone numbers.
- Call the ISBA toll-free 800.252.8908 or 800.678.4009
- Email your legal question to email@example.com; questions will be answered on Saturday morning, April 26
- Skype-a-lawyer at isbalaw1
- Chicago Bar Association – 312.554.2001 (phone lines open until 2 p.m.)
- DuPage County Bar Association – 630.653.7779
- Lake County Bar Association – 847.244.3143
- Will County Bar Association – 815.436.6000
Each of the participating bar associations operates a lawyer referral service for people who need legal services. Lawyers contacted through a referral service provide an initial consultation at a nominal cost.
The 32,000-member ISBA (isba.org), with offices in Springfield and Chicago, provides professional services to Illinois lawyers, and education and services to the public through a website (illinoislawyerfinder.com), consumer brochures, and distribution of legal information.
# # #