ISBA Awards to Be Presented at 140th Annual Meeting
The Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA) will present several awards recognizing individuals for their commitment and service to the profession and their communities on Saturday, June 18, at the organization’s 140th Annual Meeting at the Westin O’Hare in Rosemont, Ill. Award recipients are:
- Austin Fleming Newsletter Editors Award: Jeffrey M. Simon, The Bottom Line, the newsletter of the ISBA’s Standing Committee on Law Office Management & Economics.
- Community Leadership Award: Roger V. McCaffrey-Boss of Chicago.
- Diversity Leadership Award: Shira Truitt, owner, The Truitt Law Firm, LLC. in Belleville.
- ISBA Board of Governors Award: Sarah J. Taylor, Robert T. Park, and 2014-2015 Family Law Section Council Collating Committee members Matthew A. Kirsh, Jennifer A. Shaw, David H. Levy, William J. Scott, and Richard W. Zuckerman.
- Roz Kaplan Government Service Award: Alan J. Spellberg, Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office Criminal Appeals Division.
- Elmer Gertz Award for Human Rights: Cindy G. Buys, Professor of Law and Director of International Programs, Southern Illinois University.
- John C. McAndrews Pro Bono Service Award: Roger A. Benson, Prairie State Legal Services, Inc.; United Airlines, Inc. and Drendel & Jansons Law Group.
- Joseph R. Bartylak Memorial Legal Services Award: Lisa Colpoys, director, Illinois Legal Aid Online.
- Law Student Division Public Service Award: Kimberly-Claire Seymour, final year law student at Northwestern University School of Law.
- Legal Education Award: John Marshall Law School Family Law & Domestic Violence Clinic.
- Matthew Maloney Tradition of Excellence Award: Annemarie E. Kill, partner, Avery Camerlingo Kill, LLC in Chicago.
- Richard H. Teas Legislative Support Award: Richard W. Zuckerman of Peoria.
- Young Lawyers of the Year: Karoline Carstens, attorney, Simmons Hanly Conroy and Erin Wilson, O’Connor Family Law, P.C.
The 32,000-member ISBA (isba.org), with offices in Springfield and Chicago, provides professional services to Illinois lawyers, and education and services to the public through a website (illinoislawyerfinder.com), consumer brochures, and distribution of legal information.
# # #