ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to enhance knowledge and professional capabilities of lawyers who practice civil law in the United States District Courts in Illinois;
- to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas among and between practitioners and federal judges;
- to review and make recommendations concerning federal legislation and proposed changes to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and federal district court rules that affect federal civil practice;
- to promote communication through seminars and newsletters.
- Nationwide Injunctions and the Sanctuary City Controversy
- Appeal Rules Trap Appellants
- Settlement Assistance Program
Recent Related Cases
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilContract | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
U.S. v. Segal, Nos. 17-2842 & 17-3317 Cons. (September 16, 2019) Affirmed
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilPrisoners | C.D. Ill.
Davis v. Kayira, No. 18-2456 (September 16, 2019) Affirmed
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilPersonal Jurisdiction | W.D. Wisc., Madison Div.
Lexington Ins. Co. v. Hotai Ins. Co., Ltd., No. 18-1141 (September 12, 2019) Affirmed
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilSection 1983 Action | S.D. Ind., New Albany Div.
Camm v. Faith, No. 18-1440 (September 10, 2019) Affirmed and reversed in part and remanded
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilFederal Tort Claims Act | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Linder v. U.S., No. 15-1501 (September 9, 2019) Affirmed
Tools and Resources
- Federal Civil Practice discussion group is available to section members via the Federal Civil Practice community in ISBA Central
- The Federal Civil Practice Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
- Seventh Circuit E-Discovery Pilot Program