ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to enhance knowledge and professional capabilities of lawyers who practice civil law in the United States District Courts in Illinois;
- to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas among and between practitioners and federal judges;
- to review and make recommendations concerning federal legislation and proposed changes to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and federal district court rules that affect federal civil practice;
- to promote communication through seminars and newsletters.
- Nationwide Injunctions and the Sanctuary City Controversy
- Appeal Rules Trap Appellants
- Settlement Assistance Program
Recent Related Cases
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilAttorney Fees | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
LHO Chicago River, LLC v. Perillo, No. 19-1848 (November 8, 2019) Vacated and remanded
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilSection 1983 Action | S.D. Ill.
Green v. Howser, No. 18-2757 (November 7, 2019) Affirmed
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilIntervention | W.D. Wisc.
Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin v. Kaul, No. 19-1835 (November 7, 2019) Affirmed
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilAppellate Procedure | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Groves v. U.S., No. 17-2937 (October 25, 2019) Appeal dismissed
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilMootness Doctrine | C.D. Ill.
Western Illinois Service Coordination v. Ill. Dept, of Human Services, No. 19-2211 (October 23, 2019) Appeal dismissed
Tools and Resources
- Federal Civil Practice discussion group is available to section members via the Federal Civil Practice community in ISBA Central
- The Federal Civil Practice Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
- Seventh Circuit E-Discovery Pilot Program