ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to enhance knowledge and professional capabilities of lawyers who practice civil law in the United States District Courts in Illinois;
- to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas among and between practitioners and federal judges;
- to review and make recommendations concerning federal legislation and proposed changes to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and federal district court rules that affect federal civil practice;
- to promote communication through seminars and newsletters.
- Authentication of Electronic Evidence Is a Little Easier
- Interlocutory Appeal Fails Due to Procedural Misstep
Recent Related Cases
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilStanding | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Bria Health Services, LLC v. Eagleson, No. 18-3076 (February 11, 2020) Affirmed
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilPersonal Jurisdiction | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Curry v. Revolution Laboratories, LLC, No. 17-2900 (February 10, 2020) Reversed and vacated in part and remanded
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilPrisoners | E.D. Wisc.
Glover v. Carr, No. 18-3028 (February 6, 2020) Affirmed and reversed in part and remanded
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilRelease | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Crosby v. City of Chicago, Nos. 18-3693 & 19-1439 Cons. (February 5, 2020) Affirmed
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilPrisoners | C.D. Ill.
Robertson v. French, No. 17-3579 (February 4, 2020) Reversed and remanded
Tools and Resources
- Federal Civil Practice discussion group is available to section members via the Federal Civil Practice community in ISBA Central
- The Federal Civil Practice Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
- Seventh Circuit E-Discovery Pilot Program