Real Estate Law
- to enhance the ability of general practitioners and those concentrating in real estate law by promoting communication among lawyers statewide;
- to disseminate information on current developments in real estate law and practice;
- to participate in continuing legal education programs in the real estate law area;
- to review and promote legislation and procedural changes affecting real estate law and practice;
- to educate the lay public in the rights and procedures connected with the purchase, leasing and ownership of real estate; and
- to cooperate with other groups of professionals and business persons in the real estate area, such as real estate brokers, commercial and bar-related insurance companies, and lenders.
Current Newsletter — May 2017
- Avoiding liabilities when working alongside real estate agents
- The costs of condominium documents and disclosures in condo sales
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court
Deutsche Bank National Trust Company v. Payton
North Spaulding Condominium Assoc v. Cavanaugh
Condominium Property Act
5510 Sheridan Road Condominium Association v. U.S. Bank
4th Annual Elder Law Bootcamp: Basics and Beyond
April 27–28, 2017 – Chicago
Litigation and the Real Estate Practitioner
May 18, 2017 – Lombard
Commercial Loans: Documenting For Success and Preparing for Failure
June 8, 2017 – Chicago – Online Course
Tools and Resources
- The Transactional discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
- Sample Transfer on Death Instrument forms, provided by ISBA member Katherine A. Chamberlain.
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.