ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to enhance the ability of general practitioners and those concentrating in real estate law by promoting communication among lawyers statewide;
- to disseminate information on current developments in real estate law and practice;
- to participate in continuing legal education programs in the real estate law area;
- to review and promote legislation and procedural changes affecting real estate law and practice;
- to educate the lay public in the rights and procedures connected with the purchase, leasing and ownership of real estate; and
- to cooperate with other groups of professionals and business persons in the real estate area, such as real estate brokers, commercial and bar-related insurance companies, and lenders.
- Big Breaches and Back to Basics
- Legal Research Tip
- Final Order in Mortgage Foreclosure Action Bars All Claims Against the Mortgagee, Even a Claim for Fraud Upon the Court
- ILTA to Host Town Hall Meeting on Market Conduct Reform
- New Illinois Trust Code Takes Effect Jan. 1, 2020
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilCondemnation | 5th Dist.
Kaskaskia Land Co., LLC v. Vandalia Levee & Drainage District, 2019 IL App (5th) 180403 (September 5, 2019) Fayette Co. (CHAPMAN) Affirmed.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilReal Estate Contract | 2d Dist.
Morse v. Donati, 2019 IL App (2d) 180328 (August 8, 2019) Du Page Co. (ZENOFF) Affirmed.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilForeclosure | 1st Dist.
Taylor v. Bayview Loan Servicing, 2019 IL App (1st) 172652 (July 25, 2019) Cook Co., 4th Div, (REYES) Affirmed.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilTax Lien | 2d Dist.
In re Application of the County Treasurer & ex officio County Collector of Lake County Illinois, 2019 IL App (2d) 180727 (July 24, 2019) Lake Co. (HUTCHINSON) Reversed and remanded.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilMortgage Foreclosure | 1st Dist.
U.S. Bank v. Laskowski, 2019 IL App (1st) 181627 (July 16, 2019) Cook Co., 2d Div, (HYMAN) Affirmed.
Tools and Resources
- Real Estate Law discussion group is available to section members via the Real Estate Law community in ISBA Central
- The Real Estate Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
- Sample Transfer on Death Instrument forms, provided by ISBA member Katherine A. Chamberlain.
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.