Real Estate Law
- to enhance the ability of general practitioners and those concentrating in real estate law by promoting communication among lawyers statewide;
- to disseminate information on current developments in real estate law and practice;
- to participate in continuing legal education programs in the real estate law area;
- to review and promote legislation and procedural changes affecting real estate law and practice;
- to educate the lay public in the rights and procedures connected with the purchase, leasing and ownership of real estate; and
- to cooperate with other groups of professionals and business persons in the real estate area, such s real estate brokers, commercial and bar-related insurance companies, and lenders.
Current Newsletter — February 2017
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court
U.S. Bank National Assoc v. Hartman
Kozonis v. Tamburello
Residential Real Property Disclosure Act
Cantrall v. Bergner
Beneficial Illinois, Inc. v. Parker
Tools and Resources
- Real Estate Law Section Directory
- The Transactional discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
- Sample Transfer on Death Instrument forms, provided by ISBA member Katherine A. Chamberlain.
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.