ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to enhance the ability of general practitioners and those concentrating in real estate law by promoting communication among lawyers statewide;
- to disseminate information on current developments in real estate law and practice;
- to participate in continuing legal education programs in the real estate law area;
- to review and promote legislation and procedural changes affecting real estate law and practice;
- to educate the lay public in the rights and procedures connected with the purchase, leasing and ownership of real estate; and
- to cooperate with other groups of professionals and business persons in the real estate area, such as real estate brokers, commercial and bar-related insurance companies, and lenders.
- Residential Zoning Variance Request Denied: A Review of First American Bank, et al. v. Village of Wilmette, 2019 IL App (1st) 181436
- Service on Trustee: McArdle as Trustee of Barbara M. McArdle Trust & Christensen as Trustee of Raymond H. Christensen Irrevocable Trust, 2019 IL App (3d) 170858
- Cook County: Changes to Provisions Regarding the Senior Citizens Homestead Exemption
- Mandamus Fails for Lack of Duty by City to Enforce Its Land Use Ordinances
- Practice Tip
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilQuiet Title | 3d Dist.
Blewitt v. Urban, 2020 IL App (3d) 180722 (February 13, 2020) Will Co. (WRIGHT) Affirmed in part and vacated in part; remanded with directions.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilMortgage Foreclosure | 1st Dist.
U.S. Bank National Ass'n v. Gagua, 2020 IL App (1st) 190454 (February 7, 2020) Cook Co., 5th Div. (ROCHFORD) Affirmed; appeal dismissed.
Tools and Resources
- Real Estate Law discussion group is available to section members via the Real Estate Law community in ISBA Central
- The Real Estate Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
- Sample Transfer on Death Instrument forms, provided by ISBA member Katherine A. Chamberlain.
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.