ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to enhance the ability of general practitioners and those concentrating in real estate law by promoting communication among lawyers statewide;
- to disseminate information on current developments in real estate law and practice;
- to participate in continuing legal education programs in the real estate law area;
- to review and promote legislation and procedural changes affecting real estate law and practice;
- to educate the lay public in the rights and procedures connected with the purchase, leasing and ownership of real estate; and
- to cooperate with other groups of professionals and business persons in the real estate area, such as real estate brokers, commercial and bar-related insurance companies, and lenders.
- Illinois Condominium Deconversion: An Overview
- Land Trusts, Deeds, and Chain of Title Issues
- Do You Have Bats in Your Belfry—I Mean, Building? Bat Removal Restricted: Recent Amendment to DNR Rule
- Property Disclosure Checklist Alert
- Real Estate Transactions Must Be Updated Regularly
- Wholesaling Real Estate: How Recent Changes to the Real Estate License Act Impact the Business Model
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilEminent Domain | 4th Dist.
Enbridge Pipeline (Illinois), LLC v. Temple, 2019 IL App (4th) 150346 (October 16, 2019) McLean Co. (STEIGMANN) Affirmed.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilCondemnation | 5th Dist.
Kaskaskia Land Co., LLC v. Vandalia Levee & Drainage District, 2019 IL App (5th) 180403 (September 5, 2019) Fayette Co. (CHAPMAN) Affirmed.
Tools and Resources
- Real Estate Law discussion group is available to section members via the Real Estate Law community in ISBA Central
- The Real Estate Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
- Sample Transfer on Death Instrument forms, provided by ISBA member Katherine A. Chamberlain.
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.