ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to enhance the ability of general practitioners and those concentrating in real estate law by promoting communication among lawyers statewide;
- to disseminate information on current developments in real estate law and practice;
- to participate in continuing legal education programs in the real estate law area;
- to review and promote legislation and procedural changes affecting real estate law and practice;
- to educate the lay public in the rights and procedures connected with the purchase, leasing and ownership of real estate; and
- to cooperate with other groups of professionals and business persons in the real estate area, such as real estate brokers, commercial and bar-related insurance companies, and lenders.
- Casenote: Rivera v. Bank of New York Mellon & Bayview Loan Servicing, LLC
- Selling Land Owned With No Survivorship: Bond in Lieu of Probate or Probate?
Recent Related Cases
Tools and Resources
- Real Estate Law discussion group is available to section members via the Real Estate Law community in ISBA Central
- The Real Estate Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
- Sample Transfer on Death Instrument forms, provided by ISBA member Katherine A. Chamberlain.
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.