Real Estate Law
- to enhance the ability of general practitioners and those concentrating in real estate law by promoting communication among lawyers statewide;
- to disseminate information on current developments in real estate law and practice;
- to participate in continuing legal education programs in the real estate law area;
- to review and promote legislation and procedural changes affecting real estate law and practice;
- to educate the lay public in the rights and procedures connected with the purchase, leasing and ownership of real estate; and
- to cooperate with other groups of professionals and business persons in the real estate area, such as real estate brokers, commercial and bar-related insurance companies, and lenders.
Current Newsletter — March 2017
- A few words from the Chair
- Your tenant just exercised its option to purchase – where did your cash flow go until closing?
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court
Nationstar Mortgage LLC v. Missirlian
Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. v. Maka
Jaworski v. Skassa
The Bank of New York Mellon v. Laskowski
Tools and Resources
- Real Estate Law Section Directory
- The Transactional discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
- Sample Transfer on Death Instrument forms, provided by ISBA member Katherine A. Chamberlain.
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.