ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to enhance the knowledge and professional capabilities of lawyers in the practice of state tax law;
- to disseminate current information such as proposed legislation, case law and administrative procedures to members of the section and explain the ramifications of these changes to the members; and
- to promote improvement in the state tax system through proposed legislation and administrative action, preparation of newsletters and presentation of seminars.
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilTax Exemptions | 3d Dist.
Shrake v. The Rock Island County Treasurer, 2019 IL App (3d) 180556 (July 3, 2019) Rock Island Co. (CARTER) Reversed and remanded with directions.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilTaxes | 1st Dist.
The City of Chicago v. Wendella Sightseeing, Inc., 2019 IL App (1st) 181428 (June 29, 2019) Cook Co., 5th Div, (ROCHFORD) Affirmed.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilProperty Tax | 1st Dist.
Peterson Plaza Preservation, L.P. v. City of Chicago Department of Finance, 2019 IL App (1st) 181502 (June 21, 2019) Cook Co., 5th Div, (ROCHFORD) Affirmed.
Tools and Resources
- State & Local Taxation discussion group is available to section members via the State & Local Taxation community in ISBA Central
- The State & Local Taxation Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links