The mission of the Standing Committee on Law Related Education for the Public is: to develop, implement, and administer law-related programs that enhance an understanding of the legal system; to educate the public about the work of lawyers and judges, and the importance of an independent judiciary for the proper administration of justice; to promote students’ interest in our justice system and encourage their consideration of careers in the law; and to advocate for the expansion of civics education in all appropriate environments.
- Chair’s Note
- Expungement Summits Provide a Free Path to Erase or Seal One’s Criminal Record
- An Informed Public Is Essential: How Lawyers Can Contribute to that Outcome
- Someone You Should Know: Judge Michael Chmiel
- What Is the Electoral College and What Does It Do?
- ISBA Civics Education Awards 2020