The mission of the Standing Committee on Law Related Education for the Public is: to develop, implement, and administer law-related programs that enhance an understanding of the legal system; to educate the public about the work of lawyers and judges, and the importance of an independent judiciary for the proper administration of justice; to promote students’ interest in our justice system and encourage their consideration of careers in the law; and to advocate for the expansion of civics education in all appropriate environments.
- 2020-2021: A Time of Terror and Great Challenges to the Legal Community and Beyond: Past, Present, and Future
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: A Different Perspective on the ‘Legacy’ of MLK Jr. From Civil Rights Attorney Vernon Jordan
- Altered Criminal Court Proceedings in an Unprecedented Era: What Is New, How it Is Working, & Practices We May Keep in the Post-Pandemic World
- Livestreaming Court Cases
- ISBA Launches Rural Practice Fellowship Program as Component of Rural Practice Institute
- Using Social Media Wisely
- New and Not-So-New January Holidays