New! Just for ISBA members—IllinoisBarDocs provides fully automated, Illinois-specific legal forms that can be used anytime, anywhere and on any device! Only $20 per month or $150 per year if you sign up by March 31. Go to http://www.isba.org/forms/illinoisbardocs for details.
In This Issue…
- Some battles continue to be fought: The Equal Rights Amendment
March is Women’s History Month and is a time to celebrate women. Hopefully, soon, we will be able to celebrate true equality guaranteed by the United States Constitution.
- Spotlight on Shira Truitt—Getting to know a genuine Champion for Diversity and Defender of Justice
Learn more about Shira Truitt, who was recently nominated for the 2016 Diversity Leadership Award.
- Upcoming Attorney Moms Lunch
We will be hosting an “Attorney Moms” lunch at the ISBA Chicago Regional Office on Wednesday, April 6, 2016 from 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Business Travel and Breast Milk/Pumping: Milk Stork Review
The author shares her successful experience with Milk Stork.
- Equal Pay Day Chicago 2016
Plans are well underway for the next Equal Pay Day event, scheduled for April 12, 2016 in Daley Plaza (Clark and Washington in Chicago) from noon to 1 pm.
- Zonta celebrates 97 years of advancing the status of women
Zonta International is the only international service organization dedicated to advancing the status of women.
- Minding the gap: International Women’s Day
International Women’s Day was observed on March 8th to celebrate and promote the economic, cultural and political achievement of women.
- Why divorce lawyers should be tuning in more with their “sensitive side” to relate better to clients
It can be very difficult and emotionally draining to truly empathize with a client.
- Chair’s column
Chair Emily Masalski recently traveled to San Diego to serve as one of the ISBA delegates to the ABA House of Delegates.
LIVE - Girls in Crisis - Part II
October 25 | Chicago
Disclaimer: This newsletter is for subscribers’ personal use only; redistribution is prohibited. Copyright Illinois State Bar Association. Statements or expressions of opinion appearing herein are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the Association or Editors, and likewise the publication of any advertisement is not to be construed as an endorsement of the product or service offered unless it is specifically stated in the ad that there is such approval or endorsement.