Candidates have filed. The Candidates Report can be viewed on Illinois Lawyer Now.
Ballots will be distributed on Wednesday, March 29, 2017. It may take several days for mailed ballots to reach members. Email (e-ballot) distribution will begin the morning of the 29th and should conclude before 4:00 p.m.
The deadline for voting is Friday, April 28, 2017 at 4:30 p.m. Central Time for all voting methods: e-ballot, paper or internet.
Who is eligible to vote?
Members who are eligible to vote must pay their dues no later than March 1, 2017 in order to receive a ballot.
- All voting members may vote for 3rd Vice President.
- Members whose ISBA addresses fall in the following Areas are eligible to vote in their respective race:
- 1st Judicial District Cook County Board of Governors (elect 2)
- 1st Judicial District Cook County Under Age 37 Board of Governors (elect 2)
- 1st Judicial District Cook County Assembly (elect 21)
- Outside Cook County (Judicial Circuits 1-23) Under Age 37 Board of Governors (elect 1)
What kind of ballot will a member receive?
- If we have an email address: e-ballot via email
- If we don't have an email address: paper ballot via mail
What if a member doesn't want to vote the ballot they receive?
- Members receiving e-ballots may request a paper ballot as explained in the e-ballot email. The deadline to request a paper ballot is April 14, 2017.
- Members receiving paper ballots may vote via internet following instructions provided on the paper ballot.
Please contact Brenda at email@example.com or call 800-252-8908