Meet the Candidates
- The Candidates Report can be viewed on The Bar News.
- View biographies of candidates for third vice-president and the board of governors in the Illinois Bar Journal
The ISBA is hosting candidate webpages for 3rd Vice President and Board of Governors candidates.
When can I vote?
Ballots will be distributed on Wednesday, March 26, 2020. It may take several days for paper ballots to reach members. Email (e-ballot) distribution will begin the morning of the March 26th and should conclude by 4:00 p.m.
The deadline for voting is Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. Central Time for all voting methods: e-ballot, paper or internet.
Who is eligible to vote?
All members of the Association (except non-lawyer members) with dues paid by March 1, 2020 are eligible to vote.
What race(s) will be on my ballot?
Eligible members with ISBA addresses in the areas in which there are contested elections may vote in the appropriate Board of Governors and Assembly race. Pursuant to the Policy and Procedures on Association Elections, when a vacancy is uncontested (candidates filing equaled or were less than the number of candidates to be elected) each candidate is automatically elected.
The following seats are contested this year:
Board of Governors:
- 1st Judicial District (Cook County)
- Under Age 37 – Cook County
- Cook County
What kind of ballot will I receive?
- If we have an email address: e-ballot via email
- If we don't have an email address: paper ballot via mail
What if I don't want to vote using the ballot I receive?
- Members receiving e-ballots may request a paper ballot as explained in the e-ballot email. The deadline to request a paper ballot is April 15, 2020.
- Members receiving paper ballots may vote via internet following instructions provided on the paper ballot.
Please contact Kim at email@example.com or call 800-252-8908