Are you ready for service by e-mail? Filing at 11:59 p.m.? The electronic record as official court record? Effective January 1, the Illinois Supreme Court has taken a big, 21st-Century step toward making e-filing the norm and not the exception.
January 2013 • Volume 101 • Number 1 • Pages 1-56
- Chicago-Kent’s solo-attorney incubator nurtures new lawyers
- Corporate pleadings improper - but not void - when signed by non-attorney
- Hearsay allowed in murder trial under domestic violence exception
- Lawyers and LinkedIn endorsements: proceed with caution
- Credit-card privacy case leads to the High Court
Illinois Law Update