ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
The ADR Section Council is dedicated to promoting a greater understanding of alternatives to traditional court litigation in the resolution of disputes. The range of alternatives available is as broad as the innovation and creativity the parties may choose to explore. By opting out of traditional court litigation, parties retain control and ownership of the resolution mechanism. The ADR Section strives to aid practitioners and the public on the dynamics of alternative methods of dispute resolution, the risks, the benefits and the opportunities arising from their use.
- Chair’s Column: A Welcome From the Chair
- Ask the Arbitrator: The Mediation Has Failed! Now What?
- Southern District of New York Holds FAA Preempts State Law Prohibiting Arbitration of Sexual Harassment Claims
- Case Briefs
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilArbitration | 1st Dist.
Hobbs v. Mowatt, 2019 IL App (1st) 182458 (July 8, 2019) Cook Co., 1st Div, (GRIFFIN) Reversed and remanded.
Tools and Resources
- The Alternative Dispute Resolution discussion group is available to section members via the Agricultural Law community in ISBA Central.
- The Alternative Dispute Resolution Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links