Alternative Dispute Resolution
The ADR Section Council is dedicated to promoting a greater understanding of alternatives to traditional court litigation in the resolution of disputes. The range of alternatives available is as broad as the innovation and creativity the parties may choose to explore. By opting out of traditional court litigation, parties retain control and ownership of the resolution mechanism. The ADR Section strives to aid practitioners and the public on the dynamics of alternative methods of dispute resolution, the risks, the benefits and the opportunities arising from their use.
Current Newsletter — January 2017
- Tenth Circuit declines to compel arbitration due to conflicts in arbitration agreements
- Police/community relations: The role of ADR and restorative justice in addressing conflicts
- Civil procedure – Arbitration, lack of documentation
- Successful mediation in complex environmental cases
- Case briefs
Tools and Resources
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Section Directory
- The Alternative Dispute Resolution discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links