Below is a summary of activities of this section from July 1, 2022 through June 30, 2023. While past activity is no guarantee of future activity, it may give a idea of what to expect this year.
Continuing Legal Education
Section members receive discounts on section-sponsored CLE programs. During the 2022–23 bar year, the Section sponsored the following programs:
ISBA Central Discussions
ISBA Central communities allows section members to pose questions, answer questions, and share information with fellow section members. Members of the section get free access to the section’s community. Joining any section also grants you access to the Transactional and Litigation communities. Below are the total number of discussion posts during the 2022–23 bar year.
- Community members: 338
- Total discussion posts: 184
- Community members: 25,498
- Total discussion posts: 582
- Community members: 25,497
- Total discussion posts: 1,794
The Section Council reviewed 31 bills that may affect their members’ practice area. Highlights of the most recent legislative session include:
- House Bill 3087 amends the Illinois Diseased Animals Act to provide that the Director of Agriculture may declare a temporary prohibition on the sale, movement, or exhibition of certain types of animals to prevent or reduce the spread of any contamination or disease in the State.
- House Bill 3395 amends the Minimum Wage Law to include as “employee” specified workers employed in agriculture.
- Senate Bill 1249 amends the tax laws to provide that the exemption for farm machinery and equipment also includes electrical power generation equipment used primarily for production agriculture.