Below is a summary of activities of this section from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021. While past activity is no guarantee of future activity, it may give a idea of what to expect this year.
Continuing Legal Education
Section members receive discounts on section-sponsored CLE programs. During the 2021–22 bar year, the Section sponsored the following programs:
ISBA Central Discussions
ISBA Central communities allows section members to pose questions, answer questions, and share information with fellow section members. Members of the section get free access to the section’s community. Joining any section also grants you access to the Transactional and Litigation communities. Below are the total number of discussion posts during the 2021–22 bar year.
- Community members: 332
- Total discussion posts: 176
- Community members: 24,024
- Total discussion posts: 740
- Community members: 24,028
- Total discussion posts: 1,962
The Section Council reviewed 51 bills that may affect their members’ practice area. Highlights of the most recent legislative session include:
- House Bill 5182 amends the Counties Code to allow the county board to lease farmland acquired or held by the county for any term not exceeding 99 years.
- House Bill 3118 provides that a pyrethroid pesticide may be applied only by a commercial applicator for commercial or residential use if evidence-based model of application complying with specified requirements is used.
- Senate Bill 3724 amends the Illinois Prescribed Burning Act provides that no landowner is liable for damage, injury, or loss caused by a prescribed burn or resulting smoke unless proven to be grossly negligent.