Below is a summary of activities of this section from July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021. While past activity is no guarantee of future activity, it may give a idea of what to expect this year.
Continuing Legal Education
Section members receive discounts on section-sponsored CLE programs. During the 2020–21 bar year, the Section sponsored the following programs:
ISBA Central Discussions
ISBA Central communities allows section members to pose questions, answer questions, and share information with fellow section members. Members of the section get free access to the section’s community. Joining any section also grants you access to the Transactional and Litigation communities. Below are the total number of discussion posts during the 2020–21 bar year.
- Community members: 345
- Total discussion posts: 192
- Community members: 25,879
- Total discussion posts: 958
- Community members: 25,867
- Total discussion posts: 1,739
The Section Council reviewed 28 bills that may affect their members’ practice area. Highlights of the most recent legislative session include:
- House Bill 3650 creates the Creates the Agricultural Experiences Act to exempt licensing for events promoting agriculture.
- Senate Bill 1673 amends the Animal Control Act to reduce the feral cat population.
- Senate Bill 2245 amends Illinois Pesticide Act to prohibit use of restricted pesticides within 500 feet of schools.