Below is a summary of activities of this section from July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022. While past activity is no guarantee of future activity, it may give a idea of what to expect this year.
Live Programs: 7
Bills Reviewed: 15
Continuing Legal Education
Section members receive discounts on section-sponsored CLE programs. During the 2021–22 bar year, the Section sponsored the following programs:
ISBA Central Discussions
ISBA Central communities allows section members to pose questions, answer questions, and share information with fellow section members. Members of the section get free access to the section’s community. Joining any section also grants you access to the Transactional and Litigation communities. Below are the total number of discussion posts during the 2021–22 bar year.
- Community members: 302
- Total discussion posts: 25
- Community members: 24,024
- Total discussion posts: 740
- Community members: 24,028
- Total discussion posts: 1,962
The Section Council reviewed 15 bills that may affect their members’ practice area. Highlights of the most recent legislative session include:
- House Bill 5412 amends the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act to make a “primary contractor” to assume and be liable for any debt owed to a claimant incurred under this Act by a subcontractor at or on behalf of the primary contractor.
- House Bill 4600 makes primary contractor’s liability for paying subcontractors to be triggered if the private work’s aggregate costs of the project exceed $20,000.