- To enhance the ability and knowledge of general practitioners and those concentrating in construction and construction related areas of law by promoting communication among lawyers statewide;
- To disseminate information on current developments in construction law;
- To review and promote legislation and procedural changes affecting construction law and practice;
- To sponsor and participate in continuing legal education in the area of construction law; and
- To liaison with other groups or professions in the construction arena in, order to carry out the mission of this Section.
Current Newsletter — March 2017
- Editor’s note
- Why construction law?
- Choice of law, choice of forum, and public policy
- The sworn contractor’s and subcontractor’s statements
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court
Implied Warranty of Habitability
Sienna Court Condominium Ass'n v. Champion Aluminum Corp.
Condominium Property Act
Gelinas v. Barry Quadrangle Condominium Ass'n
Understanding a Construction Contract
April 7, 2017 – Chicago
Tools and Resources
- Construction Law Section Directory
- The Construction Law discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links