ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
- to enhance the knowledge and professional capabilities of lawyers who are engaged in one or more aspects of school law whether from the perspective of a public or private educational institution or agency, school board or district, union or association, certified or noncertified employees and administrators, parents or guardians, students, taxpayers, or the public generally;
- to monitor developments and disseminate information on all relevant legal matters;
- to assist in the improvement of legal practices in school law-related areas;
- to study and recommend solutions to various problems involving school law;
- to study, prepare, make recommendations, oppose, or promote proposed legislation and regulation in the field;
- to explain the ramifications of legislation, regulations, or case law; to promote communication among lawyers in this field; and
- to present seminars, newsletters, and conferences in furtherance of these goals.
- New leadership at State Board of Education
- Addressing the Illinois teacher shortage
- Legislative update
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilSchool Districts | 3d Dist.
Board of Education v. Regional Board of School Trustees, 2019 IL App (3d) 170638 (September 4, 2019) Henry Co. (McDADE) Affirmed.
Illinois Appellate Court / CivilDue Process | 1st Dist.
Zale v. Moraine Valley Community College, 2019 IL App (1st) 190197 (August 29, 2019) Cook Co., 4th Div, (GORDON) Affirmed.
Federal 7th Circuit / CivilSchool Law | N.D. Ill., E. Div.
Doe v. Columbia College Chicago, No. 18-1869 (August 13, 2019) Affirmed
Tools and Resources
- Education Law discussion group is available to section members via the Education Law community in ISBA Central
- The Education Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.