- to enhance the knowledge and professional capabilities of lawyers who are engaged in one or more aspects of school law whether from the perspective of a public or private educational institution or agency, school board or district, union or association, certified or noncertified employees and administrators, parents or guardians, students, taxpayers, or the public generally;
- to monitor developments and disseminate information on all relevant legal matters;
- to assist in the improvement of legal practices in school law-related areas;
- to study and recommend solutions to various problems involving school law;
- to study, prepare, make recommendations, oppose, or promote proposed legislation and regulation in the field;
- to explain the ramifications of legislation, regulations, or case law; to promote communication among lawyers in this field; and
- to present seminars, newsletters, and conferences in furtherance of these goals.
Current Newsletter — November 2016
Recent Related Cases
Illinois Supreme Court
Illinois Appellate Court
Tort Immunity Act
Mulvey v. Carl Sandburg High School
Life After High School: Young Adults with Disabilities
March 8, 2017 – Online Course
Tools and Resources
- Education Law Section Directory
- The Education Law discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
Illinois Law Consumer Videos
Videos produced in cooperation with ISBA Sections and Committees. See all Illinois Law videos on YouTube.