- to inform and advise the members of the bar whose practice involves representing older persons in such areas as estate planning, public benefits, nursing home residents' rights, elder abuse, age discrimination, real estates issues, senior housing and guardianship;
- to review and make recommendations regarding proposed legislation that may affect older persons;
- to promote the legal rights of older persons to enjoy their communities, families and lives to the fullest extent possible and to inform older persons of these rights;
- to provide a forum for the exchange of views and information in furtherance of these goals.
Current Newsletter — February 2017
- Basics of involuntary transfers/discharges from nursing homes
- Elder law desk reference: 2017 numbers and statistics
4th Annual Elder Law Bootcamp: Basics and Beyond
April 27–28, 2017 – Chicago
Tools and Resources
- Elder Law Section Directory
- The Elder Law discussion group is available to section members via the My Discussions Groups page.
- Useful links
- Guardianship Source Book: An Everyday Tool for Representing Clients in Illinois Contested Guardianship Proceedings
By Patrick M. Kinnally
If you download or otherwise use this Guide, the author strongly encourages you to make a
donation to the Illinois Bar Foundation.