ISBA Members, please login first to join this section.
The mission of ISBA Elder Law Section
- to inform and advise the members of the bar whose practice involves representing older persons in such areas as estate planning, public benefits, nursing home residents' rights, elder abuse, age discrimination, real estates issues, senior housing and guardianship;
- to review and make recommendations regarding proposed legislation that may affect older persons;
- to promote the legal rights of older persons to enjoy their communities, families and lives to the fullest extent possible and to inform older persons of these rights;
- to provide a forum for the exchange of views and information in furtherance of these goals.
- It’s Here: The Illinois Electronic Wills and Remote Witnesses Act
- Public Act 102-68 – Long Awaited Changes to the Illinois
ResidentialReal Property Transfer on Death Instrument Act
- Updates & Resources
- Mark Your Calendars …
- Call for Articles
Tools and Resources
- Elder Law discussion group is available to section members via the Elder Law community in ISBA Central
- The Elder Law Section directory is available to all ISBA members
- Useful links
- Guardianship Source Book: An Everyday Tool for Representing Clients in Illinois Contested Guardianship Proceedings
By Patrick M. Kinnally
If you download or otherwise use this Guide, the author strongly encourages you to make a donation to the Illinois Bar Foundation.